Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Carrot Cake...yummmm

So, if you know my family (or of my family) you would know that we are a group of people who love love food. My mom is a fabulous baker and a gourmet cooking extraordinaire and my dad IS the "Grill Master". I greatly miss being able to indulge in their creations, but am fortunate that my mom's main love language is gifts and she sends care packages like it's her job :)



As most of you know, 2010 was a big year and 2011 is shaping up to hopefully be as big. I started and finished nursing school in 2010. I started 2011 by taking and passing the NCLEX (which officially makes me an RN) and ended January with an interview at Stanford. I am encouraged to have made it to the interview process and if nothing else at least I got to get the first one out of the way. I have already been rejected once, interviewed once, and have applications at about 5 other bay area hospitals. So hopefully I will find something sooner rather than later, but until then I get the opportunity (again...) to practice patience and trust.





ANYWAYS, my mom decided to help us celebrate by mailing me one of my most favorite things- Homemade Carrot Cake. :)! I came home today to find a note from the mail man saying that he had tossed it over our fence. Luckily, it was still in great shape and it made for an incredibly tasty evening. We paired it with a lovely bottle of wine from the Jenkin's family. Myles and his awesome parents bring such joy to my weeks and are doing a wonderful job filling my time as I search for a nursing job.












I am so so thankful for the friends and family that have made this past year not only possible but tolerable and for my loving husband who has put up with an immeasurable amount of my stress, tears, and exhaustion :). There is no way I could have finished without such an incredible support system. Thank y'all!!




Psalm 142 "I cry aloud to the LORD; I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy. I pour out before him my complaint; before him I tell my trouble. When my spirit faints within me, you know my way!...I cry to you, O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living"."



Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."

1 comment:

Julie Mathew said...

I love carrot cake too! :) Glad you were able to celebrate passing the NCLEX. Did you hear back from Stanford yet? I hope you get in! I think waiting is the hardest part! Hope you're doing well! BTW...your mom is beautiful!