Wow, two months sure do pass by quickly. In the past two months I have finished my second Med Surg Rotation and my Maternity Rotation, my (Sarah's) mom and sister came out for an awesome visit (I will post those pics as soon as I get them...), and after three years surviving without one we bought a car. Yay. We have some incredibly wonderful friends (Sarah and Kyle Hanson, Erin and Jason Russell, Olivia Mulvey, and many more) who have let us use their cars whenever we have needed in the past. We could definitely not have done it without them and look forward to driving them all over this city now that we are car owners.
A car will change our lives in a few ways:
~I can use a cart (or buggy as I like to call them) at the grocery store because I no longer need to know whether or not I will be able to carry my groceries all the way home.
~I can buy toilet paper and milk in the same trip!
~I can go to the store once a week instead of 4
~We have the option of driving our friends around
~We can go on road trips to friends' weddings, Tahoe, Yosemite, beaches, or anywhere else we want whenever we want
~Larry will no longer get soaked by walking to work in the rain
~We can make it to the Richmond to visit friends in less than an hour
~Etc!
We are pretty excited!
Our first of many trips to the gas station
Isn't is cute?!
Our first adventure with the car was to Mitchell's Ice Cream. If you are ever in San Francisco and love ice cream then this place is a must. The first time we came was a few years ago and we immediately left upon getting our number. We pulled #99 and they were serving #3... The other night we had much better luck. There were only 25 in front of us this time so we decided that was an acceptable wait time. We waited about half an hour before getting our turn to taste flavors and choose. It did not disappoint and our first "coche adventure" was a success.

This weekend was beautiful and one of the first weekends where it actually felt like summer was on its way. We took advantage of our new found freedom (I finally have my Sundays back after 5 weeks of clinicals!), jumped in the car, and headed to one of my new favorite places- Montara Beach in Pacifica. It is a small beautiful beach just far enough south to escape the fog.


One really fun thing about this beach is that they opened it up for development for a quick second and then closed it again. In the second it was open a Taco Bell landed on the prime piece of real estate. Now, I realize many people think that Taco Bell ruins this beautiful beach, but I find it incredibly funny and grossly delicious :). We came here a few weeks ago with our friends Erin and Jason and took advantage of it again today. Ending a few hours at the beach with some low quality tacos makes for a really fun day in my opinion! It was a wonderful end to the weekend and we are looking forward to future adventures.





No comments:
Post a Comment