I found out on Thursday October 1, 2009 that I had been accepted into the ABSN (Accelerated Bachelors of Science in Nursing) Program at Samuel Merritt University! I was at work and had stepped out of my office for two seconds and during that time missed the call. I am actually glad that I missed it because now I can listen to it over and over on my voicemail :). I am incredibly excited that this is finally going to happen and quite stressed with all I need to do before it starts. It was kind of funny because the day before Larry and I had been walking home from an event downtown and I was talking about this time in our life. I have been reading a wonderful little book called Waiting on God by Andrew Murray. I was telling Larry how I felt like I had reached a point of contentment with where things are right now. I really like my job and I felt like I had finally gotten to the point where I realized that if this was supposed to happen God would allow it and it would happen. Larry intuitively reminded me that usually when you learn the lesson things change. I guess he was right, because I got the call the next day.
I just got my acceptance letter and packet in the mail Saturday. It made it all the more real. I am now working down the list of things to do before it starts on January 4th! (The day after we get back from Spain! Yikes)


No comments:
Post a Comment