There has actually been a lot going on, but no good pictures... This weekend was quite nice. We have started a tradition of getting up about 20 minutes before the Alabama game is scheduled to start and making biscuits and a big pot of coffee. It is a pretty incredible start to a day. We have friends moving out here this week so we have been doing a bit of apartment hunting for them as well.
Sunday, I finally made it to the third day of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. It is an incredible and completely free bluegrass festival in Golden Gate Park. Last year I saw Patty Griffin, Emmylou Harris, Iron and Wine, and some others. This year I only made it out to see Neko Case and Emmylou Harris. It is such a great festival with tons of bands and tons of people. If you are ever in San Francisco the first weekend in October it is an absolute must.
On the first Tuesday of the month our small group normally just has a dinner together, but tonight we went and volunteered at "Curry without Worry" instead. It is a great organization founded by a Nepalese man to meet the needs of hungry souls in San Francisco. There were about 15 too many volunteers tonight (not a bad problem to have) so I mainly just watched the people and listened to some great Nepalese music. It was quite the experience. Check out their website at www.currywithoutworry.org . That's all for now. I promise something more interesting soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment